Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Client Testimony: Katie Ellis (A Guest Speaker at this year's benefit)

Katy, Braven and Shauna, BC RN Manager


     I never thought I would fall pregnant at such a hard time in my life. I went through a horrible divorce, then a year later I lost my job, and started to lose my house. I broke up with my boyfriend and found out afterward that I was pregnant, which was shocking after preventative measures were taken. I was so scared and embarrassed and filled with shame.

     I found myself at Birth Choice the very next morning to get an ultrasound to see how far along I was. I got more than an answer. I was shown a heartbeat, even at just five weeks. I saw LIFE that was undeniable! I found truth and honesty and women that spoke up for God and against sin. I was a mess and was not ready, but I was given options of adoption if need be. I was set up with Dr. Elfelt who remained my doctor the whole way through.

     And boy did I go through a lot. Two weeks overdue, I was induced, forty-nine hours of labor, thirty-six of those drug-free, then a Cesarean section and then my Lil boy wasn't breathing nor did he have a heartbeat, (talk about praying for miracles).  So he was flown away down to Radys Children's hospital before I could see him, while I was kept at Rancho Springs to recover :(. He was born on 3-5-2013 and I met him on the morning of 3-7-2013, and after holding him I named him Braven Lee Ellis (I was praying for Bravery). Everything was worth it and I would do it all over again. I feel so blessed to be a mommy of a healthy baby boy. I am so glad I was in the hands of people who care about life, as I now can't imagine my life without Braven.



  



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was just thinking about Katie and Google it for an odd impulse. Braven is only 2 months younger than my Chaz Levitt. Interesting how friends fall apart at such critical times. Anyhow Brandi is thinking about Katie, let her know.

    ReplyDelete